Wednesday, 10 April 2013

CiF Comments - Unplugged

So, in keeping with the general digitus impudicus impulses of my childhood .. er, of the SalonFugly blog, I thought it appropriate to record some of my deleted comments from the Comment is Free section of the Grauniad, where my favourite political blogger and all-around stand up guy Glenn Greenwald now hangs his rhetorical hat.

I dont always make copies of my comments, but if I suspect that they might be deleted I make a copy.

Here's a recent example. Some jingoistic neocon sap began his comment with the words "I dont know if ... "

I honestly dont remember the comment, because the list of things these people dont know is ... well, let's just say it'd be a lot quicker to list the things they do know. I will do that now:

  1. Nothing

So that's that sorted.

This was my reply:

"I suspect that is not the complete list of things you do not know"

That was it. Awful, isn't it?

I am so ashamed.

OK, there wasn't any pithy political analysis or cosmic insight included, but it was hardly Gordon Ramsay, either. It's not like the OP was going to off themself after that rather gentle piss-take.

However, I also suspect the little wallflower couldn't keep their finger of the Report button, and technically, my comment was not in keeping with the Grauniad's Ten Commandments, which they rather [ahem] euphemistically call their community standards.

So, if either of my regular readers have similar delicate sensibilities they've offended, feel free to let me know and I'll see about adding your own comment to this page, should you still have a record of it.

In keeping with the long SalonFugly history of irrelevant musical interludes, have this:


P.S. I do not mean to encourage anyone to deliberately violate the Grauniad's community standards. That would be most naughty and not quite journalistically Serious. These standards, and the vigorous policing of them by retarded part-time hairdressers assistants, are essential for intelligent conversation, as can be seen by how meaningful and insightful is the full panoply of compliant comments on CiF, and indeed necessary for the very preservation of our civilisation as we know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment